TURQUOISE SUN EARRINGS // STERLING SILVER
These pair of stud earrings feature the sacred sun symbol of the Zia people of New Mexico. The quad-rays in 4 directions represent:
- the 4 points of the compass (north, south, east and west);
- the 4 seasons of the year (spring, summer, autumn and winter);
- the 4 periods of each day (morning, noon, evening and night);
- the 4 seasons of life (childhood, youth, middle years and old age); and
- the 4 sacred obligations one must develop (a strong body, a clear mind, a pure spirit, and a devotion to the welfare of others), according to the Zia's belief.
Two 4mm natural, sleeping beauty turquoise cabochons sterling silver with a high polish finish.
11mm in height / 11mm width
Also available in peridot gemstone.
There are no reviews yet.